Ryan Harris represents lenders, borrowers, tenants, landlords, and developers in most facets of commercial real estate. He has experience in financing transactions, retail and office leasing, hospitality transactions, telecommunications, and acquisitions and dispositions of all types of real estate, including hotels, multifamily projects, retail centers, mixed use developments, raw land, and high value residential property.
Prior to joining Griffin Harris, Ryan served as in house counsel to a closely held company owning interests in various types of real estate including Omni Hotels and Gold’s Gym. He also practiced in the real estate sections of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Winstead Sechcrest & Minick.
- Represented Borrower in a series of corporate credit facilities for the holding company and each of its major subsidiaries, including a $300 million corporate revolver and several series of privately held senior secured notes totaling $330 million.
- Represented national retail tenant in negotiation of leases for a portfolio of stores throughout the United States.
- Represented Borrower in $250 million loan secured by hotels in Dallas, Houston, and Chicago.
- Represented hotel tenant in negotiation of ground lease.
- Represented Borrower in negotiation of a $40 million FNMA loan secured by a multifamily project in Dallas.
- Managed legal and closing functions of loan programs originating $2.2 billion in loans secured by various real estate asset classes.
- Represented buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of hotels, retail centers, raw land, and condominiums.
George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2002
B.B.A., Finance, University of Oklahoma, 1999
State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Oklahoma
Awards & Honors
Managing Editor: The George Washington University Law Review